Norman & Bobby Murphy
(New Tribes Mission: Thailand)
In 1985, after completing missionary training in the USA, Norman & Bobby went with their family to serve with New Tribes Mission in Thailand. They studied Thai in Bangkok and later moved to the North East of the country where they lived and worked in a village of the Bru people. They studied Bru language and were part of the initial church planting team in that area.
After some years in Thailand they returned to Northern Ireland to enable the children to complete their education. During those years they became involved in the mission’s short-term missions programme, co-ordinating and leading teams to locations around the world.
In 2009 Norman & Bobby returned to work in S E Asia and are now based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Their main responsibilities are surveying and assessing the needs of ethnic people groups throughout South East Asia and serving on the field leadership team.
Norman & Bobby have a grown-up family of 4 and 6 grandchildren.
Please Pray For:
- Norman & Bobby as they work to determine which groups have least access to the gospel in S. E. Asia and where church planting ministries should be focused
- The Gospel to impact the lives of the people of S. E. Asia
- The translation of God’s Word into many of these languages
- Churches to be planted and equipped to grow toward spiritual maturity
- Growing relationships with Thai friends and neighbours
- Physical health and strength