(Operation Mobilisation: Ship Ministry)
David joined the OM ship ministry as a watch keeper onboard MV Logos II in September 1997. Following a period of studies, David gained his 4th Engineers license in early 2004.
Lisette, who was born in Mauritius, also served with OM onboard the MV Doulos from 1999 to 2004.
The couple met when David spent a number of months onboard the MV Doulos as part of his training. They were married in Mauritius in June 2005.
Rejoining the MV Doulos in January 2008 for long term service, David worked in the engine room and was promoted to 3rd Engineer, while Lisette worked in the personnel department.
Following the decommissioning of the MV Doulos, David and Lisette returned to the UK in July 2010 for David to recommence his studies.
In January 2012, David & Lisette moved back to Ballymena in preparation for future ministry with OM.
David & Lisette began their ministry in September 2012 onboard the MV Logos Hope ship, where David currently works in the engine room and Lisette is working in the personnel department.
- Life on the ship as a married couple.
- Boldness to share the good news.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the ship’s community and opportunities to draw alongside the crew onboard.
- Health, strength, and safety in travel.
- Daily ministry in the engine room & personnel dept.