We are delighted to announce that we are ready to reopen to worship together in person.
We are commencing with the prayer meeting on 21 July 2020 at 8pm. This will be held in the main sanctuary.
Our first Sunday service is scheduled for 26 July 2020 at the earlier time of 11am.
The following video explains how things will look when we return to the building – return to church video
Up until the end of August we will only be holding one service each Sunday. The capacity of the building is significantly reduced to ensure we can adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Unfortunately, this means we cannot accommodate our usual numbers, so it will be necessary for you to pre-register for Sunday services.
Initially we will continue to broadcast pre-recorded services in the same way we have done over recent weeks. We also intend to livestream Sunday services from the church.
You can now pre-register for Sunday services up until the end of August through Eventbrite
- You can register for a maximum of two services up until the end of August.
- You must register a seat for each member of your party.
- Please do not register for more than two services to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to attend. If there is space available we will extend registration to those who have already registered for two other services. This will be communicated on the Saturday before the relevant service.
- If your plans change, please cancel your registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please pass this communication on to anyone you know who does not have access to email or social media.
- If you know someone who wishes to attend but who does not have the facility to register through Eventbrite you can send their details to email@example.com
- Any other questions or issues can be directed to the same email address.
Points to Note
Before we meet again our priority as a leadership of the church is to ensure the building is as safe as possible for all of us to meet in. It is important that all instructions are followed carefully, by everyone, without exception. Not only will it help keep us all safe but it is important to help us maintain a Christian witness.
We believe that we have adopted a cautious approach and have been careful to ensure that we have adhered to the guidance issued by both government and the Association of Baptist Churches. We are confident that the measures we have put in place will give you the confidence and comfort to meet with us again.
- Please be patient and arrive early; it may take longer than normal to get in. Doors will be open from 10.30.
- You may have to wait outside to get in so bring appropriate clothing. The auditorium will be well ventilated and it is likely to be hotter or colder than normal depending on the weather and where you sit. Coat pegs and umbrella stands will not be in use.
- Maintain a social distance of 2 metres at all times. Follow all instructions and stand at markers when queuing to enter or exit the building.
- You must sit where directed and those from the same household must sit together.
- Communion will be incorporated at the end of the service. To help us manage the flow of people out of the building it will not be possible to leave beforehand; this means all can stay and observe communion. Unfortunately, we will be unable to share the emblems for the time being.
- Leave the building immediately when directed to do so at the end of the service and keep flowing out of the building. Do not stand outside the front door as it may hinder the flow of those leaving.
- A retiring offering can be made in the buckets by the main door and Hill St exit.
- Wipe toilet door handles and taps after use with the wipes provided. Children must be accompanied to the toilet.
- Masks are not mandatory but can be worn. A limited supply of disposable masks is available. If worn, a mask must be disposed of in an appropriate manner as soon as possible after leaving the building.
- Do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus.
Facilities for Children
There will be no children’s ministries over the summer and the usual creche and kid’s club facilities will not be in operation.
- If you are planning on bringing your baby or toddler there will be rooms allocated if you need to take them out during the service.
- Social distancing must be maintained in these rooms, with only one parent per child and no older siblings allowed.
- We also request that you do not return to the sanctuary during the service.